This section is not comprehensive, but covers specific errors and fixes that are commonly encountered. This includes:
- CRM or SharePoint permission and authentication issues
- SharePoint update issues with list component
- Deployment of SharePoint solution
- Internet Explorer settings
- Plus signs (+)
- Impact of Dynamics CRM December 2013 service update
Users must have valid SharePoint credentials to access Documents in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Credentials of users are authenticated depending on the version of CRM and SharePoint. Consider versions for the following:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On-Premises
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- SharePoint Server 2010
- SharePoint Online
- The SharePoint List component must be installed by a Site Collection Administrator
- Unable to Activate the solution
- This usually means the SharePoint User Code Service is not running. This command will start the service:
stsadm –o provisionservice -action start -servicetype Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUserCodeService -servicename SPUserCodeV4
- Unable to open a document or the actions are disabled
- Ensure the Browser File Handling option is set to ‘Permissive’. You may also run the ‘AllowHtcExtn.ps1’ command from the SharePoint Management Console
Refer this blog to get the right Internet Explorer Settings in order to have correct Authentication to SharePoint links embedded within CRM.
You will see errors when you try to access any document that has a plus sign (+) in the file name. Refer this blog for details and the fix.
This blog does a great job at pointing out issues and solutions for Dynamics CRM December 2012 Service Update and SharePoint Online Service Update on CRM-SharePoint Integration.