Microsoft purchased Yammer, the leading provider of enterprise social networking tools, in 2012 and has introduced a basic integration between Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Yammer.
The “social enterprise” is a concept that allows unstructured communication and collaboration to become archived and associated with your structured data. This allows people who are not CRM users to contribute to the conversation. Yammer is also a fantastic way to collect and disseminate information that might be useful—like rumors a customer is launching a new product line or moving into a new territory—information that your current system may not be able to record without having to send an e-mail or attend a meeting. If Yammer is integrated with Dynamics 365 employees will see posts in a newsfeed on their dashboard whenever people update customer information and can join in the conversation with their own posts.
In order to integrate Dynamics 365 with Yammer, customers must have a Yammer enterprise account. Once established, the Yammer administrator can establish a connection to CRM through the settings area. Only one network can be linked to a CRM system and once linked, Yammer replaces the Activity Feed control on CRM forms. It is important to note, that once you have integrated with Yammer you cannot undo this action.
The steps to set up Yammer with Dynamics 365:
1. Create a Yammer Enterprise Account and purchase Yammer enterprise licenses for your users. Make sure you have System Administrator privileges for your Dynamics 365 environment and Yammer account.
2. Navigate to Settings > System > Administration > Yammer Configuration
3. If the user is already signed into Yammer, the Enterprise Yammer network and groups will be displayed. If not, login to Yammer.
4. Select the Yammer Group and Security Level to complete this configuration. Public means everyone sees the Microsoft Dynamics 365 posts in the newsfeed, or Private means users mus “follow” a record to see posts about that record in the newsfeed.
5. Enable which entities are used with Yammer. Enabled entities can be followed by users. Go to Settings > System > Activity Feeds Configuration > Post Configurations. Choose the entity, and then choose Activate. Don’t forget to publish your customizations once you’ve configured all the entities for Yammer.
For more information on Yammer setup and settings, visit this blog
How To Configure Yammer Integration.
Or check out this article: Connect Microsoft Dynamics 365 to Yammer
Configuring Yammer Rules
1. On the Yammer configuration page, select Edit message rules.
2. Select the desired rule(s) and click Enable or Disable on the command bar.