Insights for Dynamics 365
With Insights and Dynamics 365, you are able to access valuable business information related to your Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities. This information will display directly on the respective record below the Contacts section of the Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity forms. Within the Insights window, you will notice a plethora of information including contact data, company information, and news stories. The information displayed on the form is compiled by Insights and located in their database. Insights pulls data from its 40,000+ validated sources to display the information you need to better prepare for sales calls, qualifying Leads, monitoring prospects, and finding connections.
If you have purchased Dynamics 365 Online, Insights is included at no additional cost for CRM Online Professional and Enterprise licenses, Dynamics 365 Plan 1 and Plan 2, Dynamics 365 for Sales, Dynamics 365 for Customer Service, Dynamics 365 for Field Service, Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation in the U.S. and Canada.
Installing Insights App
- Go to the Dynamics 365 home page by clicking the drop-down arrow next to the Dynamics 365 logo on the navigation bar and choose Home.
- Select Get More Apps
- Search for Insights and select Get it now and Continue
- Select which Organization to add the application to
- Accept the Terms of service click Agree
- To check the status of the Insights solution installation, in the Dynamics 365 Admin Center in Office 365, you will first see Installation pending.
- Once the installation is complete, you will see the status listed as Installed.
To access Insights from Dynamics 365, navigate to one of the following entities: Accounts, Leads, Contacts, or Opportunities.
- Select Sales, Service, or Marketing > Accounts.
- Open an Account record.
- Insights will display below the Primary Contact area.
4. The Insights tab will provide an overview of information. Connect via Facebook and Twitter to add more social feeds
5. Research provides industry information, competitors, and financial data
6. Find Contacts enables you to quickly add potential leads or contacts directly into Dynamics 365
Access the User Guide for more information on how to utilize Insights for your organization.