A view is a grid with records listed under select column headings. It is a type of saved query. Users can select different views to look at a subset of records of the same entity that fit into pre-specified filter conditions. There are 3 main types of views: public, system, and personal.
- Public Views. These are the views that come with the application. Custom views that an organization creates are also public views. One of these public views can be defined as a default view. When a user selects an entity by clicking on it in the navigation pane, the default view is what gets displayed.
- System Views. These views, similar to Public views are automatically created by CRM on installation. They are used for unique situations within the application. System Views include Associated View, Advanced Find View, Lookup View and Quick Find View
- Personal Views. Users can create their own views using the Advanced Find tool and save them as personal views.
Creating a Personal View
- Click on the New System View button in the Create section of the ribbon.
- Enter a name and description for the view.
- Click on Edit Filter Criteria.
- Define the filter conditions for the records. You can group the conditions with AND or OR operators.
- Based on what information you want to see, you can choose the columns from the Add column list.