Creating Teams in Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 teams are a collection of users who can belong to the same or different business units. Creation of a team facilitates easy sharing and also the ease of applying shared security roles to a group versus individuals. Standard teams are sales teams, regional teams, etc. A user can belong to multiple teams. A user belonging to a team has all the privileges that the team is entitled to except if the user has been restricted from some of them.
Creating Microsoft Dynamic 365 Teams
- On the top navigation bar, click on the drop down arrow to the right of the displayed module and click Settings. Click on Security.
- Click on Teams.
- In the command bar click, New.
- Enter Team Name and Administrator – the required fields. Select the business unit from the lookup. Click Save.
- To add Users to the Team, click on Members
- Add Members by clicking the + plus sign in the Team Member subgrid.
- Search for Users who should belong to the team and select.
- To add a Team Security Role, click on Manage Roles in the Command Bar.
- Select the Roles and click OK
Use the links below to explore business administration in Dynamics 365 in more detail:
- Planning Security
- Business Units
- Security Roles
- Hierarchy Security Models
- Field Security Profiles
Become a CRM Administrator
For a more formal introduction into becoming a CRM administrator, check out Dynamics 365 University’s CRM Boot Camp for Dynamics 365.