Deploying Dynamics 365 On-Premises
This chapter provides an overview of deploying Dynamics 365 on-premises. Microsoft Windows 2012 with Hyper-V is an excellent virtualization platform for on-premises deployments of CRM and other applications. Windows 2012 along with VMWare create a way to consolidate hardware being underutilized and consuming power inefficiently into a well-organized and hardware cost saving environment. This consolidation can also reduce IT costs by the centralized management built into these and other virtualization solutions.
Benefits of On-Premises
- Leverage the power of Windows 2012 with Hyper-V or VMware
- System Center 2012
- Use Azure for disaster recovery
- Virtualize other On-Premises applications to better utilize existing hardware
- Complete control over backups
- Complete control over SQL
- Upgrade control
For all deployment options, be sure to read this chapter of The CRM Book.
Become a CRM Administrator
For a more formal introduction into becoming a CRM administrator, check out Dynamics 365 University’s CRM Boot Camp for Dynamics 365.