System Administration in Dynamics 365
This section discusses topics that affect Microsoft Dynamics 365 system administrators and pro-users. Explore the following links to learn more about system administration in Dynamics 365:
- Business Administration. Locate where to set up and configure system configurations. Learn how business units, users, teams, and specific security roles can help you create a secure Dynamics 365 platform.
- Processes. Implementing processes such as workflows and dialogs can help automate your business processes and make your Dynamics 365 system hum.
- Advanced Reporting Options. Microsoft Dynamics 365 includes several advanced reporting options for online and on-premise solutions.
- Mobile Options. Explore the different clients for mobile, including CWR Mobility, Mobile Express, Power8CRM, and CRM for the iPad.
- Integrated Technologies. See how Dynamics 365 fits in with other Microsoft technologies such as Yammer, Skype, and Lync.
- Office 365. Learn how cloud-based Microsoft Office products integrate seamlessly with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- SharePoint Document Management. Understand how Dynamics 365 integrates with SharePoint and learn how to integrate it with your system.
- Outlook App and Add-In Installation and Settings. Learn how to set up and configure Microsoft Dynamics 365 App for Outlook and the legacy Dynamics 365 for Outlook add-in
- Server Installation. This chapter covers everything from infrastructure planning to authentication models for CRM for Dynamics 365 server installation.
- Updates and Rollups. Learn the difference between update rollups and service updates and what should you know about them.
- Data Migration and Integration. How you handle data migration and integration is an important aspect of Dynamics 365 system administration.
Beyond the Basics
If you want a more formal introduction to Dynamics 365, check out Dynamics 365 University’s CRM Boot Camp for Dynamics 365.