Dynamics 365 for Outlook—is deprecated with the July 2017 update for Dynamics 365 (online) and will be removed in a future major release. This deprecation includes synchronization in Dynamics 365 for Outlook. This information is provided for previous versions of CRM and on-prem deployments.
The synchronization tools allows you to bring CRM information (appointments, contacts, and other activities) into your Outlook client. Using a definable set of filters, synchronization defines which CRM records are brought into your Outlook.
With this, you can set up new filters. The out-of-the-box filters are set to synchronize records owned by the person logged in. All of the filters by default are set to active. It is important to know that disabling it after it has already synced will not remove the records from your Outlook.
To set up synchronization filters, follow these steps:
- On the ribbon, click on File.
- On the left navigation bar, click CRM.
- On the main page, click the Synchronize button, and a drop down will appear.
- On the drop down, click Outlook Filters. A new window will open.
- Each filter can be modified or disabled. If you want to disable a filter, select the check box.
- Click the red stop button. Once it is successfully disabled, the status will change to “inactive”.
- Data Synchronization between MSCRM and Outlook (Blog)
- Dynamics CRM and Outlook Interaction – Know the Rules (Blog)
- How to Stop Automatic CRM to Outlook Syncing for Contacts (Blog)
- CRM Offline for the Outlook Client (Blog)
- Eliminate the “Get CRM for Outlook” Message in the Message Bar in CRM (Blog)