How to Setup a Campaign in Dynamics 365: Campaigns and Quick Campaigns
Jump to the following sections to learn more about working with campaigns in Dynamics 365:
- Creating a campaign
- Adding campaign activities
- Distributing campaign activities
- Associating sales literature with a campaign
- Creating a campaign template
- Creating a quick campaign
Tip! After setting up campaigns, don’t forget to score leads based on responses. Download a free 30 day trial of PowerScore to get started.
- Go to the navigation bar to the Marketing area in Dynamics 365.
- Click Campaigns in the sitemap.
- In the command bar, click New.
4. Fill out the information in the General section of the form. This will typically include name, currency, status reason, campaign type, proposed begin/end dates, and more details as you need to.
5. If you will be tracking your campaign costs, scroll down to the Financial section of the form and fill out information such as allocated budget, miscellaneous costs, and expected revenue (located in the header).
6. When you are finished entering details for your campaign, click Save and Close.
- Navigate to the Marketing area.
- Click Campaigns in the site map.
- Open the campaign you want to add activities to.
- Under the Campaign Activities sub-grid on the right-hand side of the form, click + icon, then add the new activity.
- Enter your activity details in the form. When you’re done, click Save. Once saved add the Marketing Lists you wish to distribute this Campaign activity to by clicking the + icon in the Marketing Lists sub-grid.
- Navigate to the Marketing area in the site map.
- Click Campaigns.
- Open the campaign you want to work with.
- In the Campaign form, locate the Campaign Activity you wish to distribute.
- Click Distribute Campaign Activity in the command bar.
6. Fill out the appropriate details of your activity. If you have an email template ready to send, you can click Use Template at the top.
7. When you are ready, click Distribute.
- Open the Campaign that you want to add sales literature to. Under the Related Records menu choose Sales Literature
2. Then click the Add Existing Sales Literature button in the command bar.
3. Look up the sales literature you would like to add to the campaign, make your selection, and click OK.
4. To change your view back to the campaign form from the Associated Records view simply click the title of the campaign.
That’s how to setup campaigns in Dynamics 365 using Sales Literature attachments, but what about other attachments? Save storage space with PowerAttachment, free for the first 30 days.
- In the left-hand navigation, under Marketing, click Campaigns, and select New Template from the command bar.
2. Fill out the appropriate information for your campaign template.
3. As always, click Save when you are finished.
You can also create a campaign template from a campaign you’ve already created. To do this:
- Open a campaign that you would like to turn into a template.
- Click Copy as a Template in the command bar.
3. This will open a new record that will look much like your original campaign record. Enter a name for your campaign template. It’s a good idea to have “Template” in the name so you don’t get it confused with your actual campaigns
4. Click off the field or click the Save Icon on the bottom right of the screen. Your template will appear in your campaign view.
There are two ways you can create a quick campaign: from a list of records, or from a marketing list.
Creating a Quick Campaign from a List of Records
- Navigate to a list of Accounts, Contacts or Leads that you want to distribute your campaign to.
- Highlight the records you wish to have the campaign distributed to.
- Click on the … or More Options menu in the command bar.
- Click on Quick Campaign and choose the appropriate option to launch wizard.
5. Follow the steps in the Quick Campaign Wizard.
Creating a Quick Campaign from a Marketing List
- Click on Marketing or Sales functional areas in the navigation bar
- Select Marketing Lists.
- Choose the list you want to distribute your campaign to.
- Click on Create Quick Campaign in the command bar.
- Follow the steps in the Quick Campaign Wizard.