A core function of Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the ability to analyze your data to gain meaningful insights. The Microsoft Dynamics 365 report wizard is a tool that helps users quickly and easily create reports with charts, tables and drill-down capabilities.
With the Dynamics 365 report wizard, you can:
- Group and summarize data
- Share with the entire organization
- Add visuals such as charts and tables
- Drill-down into the data
- Run reports from lists and forms of underlying entities
Creating a Report with the Report Wizard
A common report that users may want is one that displays the top ten accounts in the pipeline based on size of estimated revenue for open opportunities. In this example, you’ll use the Report Wizard to build this report. Note that not all users may necessarily have permission to create this report.
- Reports can be accessed from any of the main functional areas of Dynamics 365 (Sales Service, Marketing) under the Tools group.
- Select New on the command bar.
4. A pop-up will appear. In the Report Type drop-down, leave the default to Report Wizard Report. Select the Report Wizard button.
5. This will launch the report wizard. Keep the default to Start a new report and select Next.
6. Now you’ll see a Report Properties screen. Enter a name for your report and the appropriate entities you want to report on. Select Next when you are done choosing your values.
7. Now you’ll select filters for the data presented in the report. For instance, if you wanted only to see results for an entity modified in the last 30 days, you can set that filter in this screen. If you don’t want your data filtered, select Clear.
8. At this point in the process, you are going to design the layout of your report.
9. Select Click here to add a grouping. This allows you to choose how you want your data grouped.
10. Select the record type and the column for the data you want to have grouped in the report and select OK.
11. Now you’ll add columns of data related to the record type you chose in the previous step. Select Click here to add a column. This will present a pop-up where you can pick the data you want to have displayed for that column.
12. Repeat this step for additional columns until you have all the data you want in the report. In the Lay Out Fields screen, click Next.
13. Now you’ll be able to choose how to format your report. Choose your desired format—Table only or Chart and table—and select Next.
14. Review the summary of your report and select Next. This will save the report in your report view.
15. To run the report, go to your report view and select the report you just created.