Dynamics 365 Charts
Charts in Microsoft Dynamics 365 are a very useful way to display data for quick, high-level, visual analysis. They’re great for wrapping your head around huge amounts of data in one easy-to-understand visual snapshot.
Here are some of the things you can do with charts:
- Easily drill down to see the underlying records and data that make up a chart
- Customize your dashboards with easy-to-understand visuals of your data
- Customize by pie, bar, line, funnel charts and more
- Present multi-series charts
- Save personal charts that you create and share with others
Jump to the following sections for some step-by-step guides on working with charts:
Tip! Learn more about charts and analytics in Reporting for Dynamics 365.
- Choose a view of records that you would like to make a chart out of.
- On the main page of the list of records, select the Chart tab on the right hand side.
3. Once the Chart pane expands select New Chart.
4. Give your chart a name.
5. In the Legend Entries (Series) area, select the field you want to chart and choose the aggregate. If you want, you can add an additional series.
6. Select your label for the horizontal axis.
7. Expand the type of chart you would like to see by selecting the chart icon. Select an appropriate chart type. You’ll notice your chart preview changing as you select different values from the drop-downs.
8. Select Save, then select Close Designer.
Those who are comfortable editing XML files can change additional things within a chart such as font, color and groupings. Here’s how.
- Navigate to the chart you want to modify.
- Select the ellipsis then choose Export Chart. You’ll have to choose an export location and save it as an XML file.
3. Open the XML file in Notepad or another program and make any changes you’d like.
4. Save the XML file.
5. In Dynamics 365, select the Import Chart button and upload the XML file you modified.