Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 can be seamlessly integrated with SharePoint 2010/2013 online or on-premise without any coding. Through iframes, it is also possible to integrate SharePoint 2007.
Here are the details for setting up SharePoint with CRM.
Before setting up the integration, think through the following pre-requisites and considerations:
- Licenses need to be purchased/ SharePoint needs to be installed
- The user setting up the integration must have System Administrator privileges in CRM and SharePoint
- Based on your requirements, locate the exact SharePoint site or create a new SharePoint Site Collection:
Steps for SharePoint Online (Office 365)
Steps for SharePoint Server 2010 (On-Premises)
- Add SharePoint site to Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer
Key Steps in the Integration Process
- Download and install Microsoft Dynamics List Component to SharePoint. Ensure that the status of the solution is Activated. If not, press Activate button from the ribbon.
- Configure Document Settings in Dynamics CRM—choose which record types to allow document storage. Here is are a couple of blogs that detail this step-by-step:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 SharePoint Integration
CRM 2011 and SharePoint 2010: Configuration and Folder Structure
- Validate the SharePoint URL in CRM.
- Choose the entities to be enabled for Document Management.