One of the most common method for displaying an Office 365 SharePoint page is to add an iframe in Microsoft Dynamics CRM displaying a SharePoint site. As the SharePoint site is displayed within the iframe, there are many limitations and considerations to take into account. These include document lists not created automatically and security issues. When working with the Office 365 products, if we access the iframe in CRM, we will see the message “This content cannot be displayed in a frame.”
With few changes to the Internet Explorer settings, we can make this page display correctly.
- Open the Internet Explorer tools and open the Security tab.
- Now select your trusted sites and select sites.
- Make sure you have your CRM site as well as your SharePoint site add to the trusted zone.
- Once you have your trusted sites setup, then select custom level from the Security tab.
- Browse about half way down the list till you see the setting for Displaying Mixed Mode. Set this option to Enable.
- Select OK and restart your Internet Explorer. Now when you log in, the iframe displays correctly.