You have the ability to change the URL that you use to access Microsoft Dynamics 365 within the Office 365 Admin Center.
- Select the Admin centers menu in the left menu pane and select Dynamics 365 from the list. This will open the Dynamics 365 Administration Center
- If you have multiple Dynamics 365 instances, it will display all them in the list. If you just have one, then only that instance will be displayed. Select the instance that you wish to change and select Edit.
3. When this form opens, you can edit the following:
- Name. This will default to your organization name, but you do have the ability to change this name. This name appears in the upper right-hand corner next to the username in Dynamics 365.
- URL name. Allows you to specify a new URL. Note: The user will be allowed to use the old URL for 24 hours. After that time period, all bookmarks or Outlook integration that specifies the specific URL will no longer work.
- Purpose. Allows you to define what this CRM Instance is being used for.
- Instance Type. Choose if this is a production or sandbox environment. a Sandbox instance will have special features like Reset and Administration modes.
- Security Group. Allows you to specify what user(s) would be added to your Dynamics 365. You do need to create an Office 365 security group prior to selecting this option.
- Database Encryption Settings. By default, Microsoft stores and manages the database encryption keys for your instances of Dynamics 365 (online) so you don’t have to. The manage keys feature in the Dynamics 365 Administration Center gives administrators the ability to self-manage the database encryption keys that are associated with instances of Dynamics 365 (online).
4. Once you have updated your settings, click Next.
5. Review your configuration settings and then click Save.