Registering and deploying plug-ins can be done using the plug-in registration tool. The tool is available in CRM SDK. Here’s how to do it:
1. Connect to your organization.
If you have access to multiple organizations in the server, choose the one to connect to.
2. Register a new assembly.
3. Browse the assembly file, select Isolation Mode and specify where the assembly is stored.
4. Next you’ll need to select the registered assembly. It can contain multiple plug-ins. Select the plugin you are adding steps to, and register one or more steps.
5. Fill in the following information for the steps:
- Filtering Attributes if applicable. In above example, the plugin will only trigger for statecode or salesstagecode updates. Selecting the attributes will prevent plugin triggering accidentally or needlessly when unrelated field is updated.
- Event Pipeline
- Execution Mode
6. Fill in the Unsecure Configuration/Secure Configuration sections.These sections can be used to pass configuration information to the plug-in, such as user credentials or URLs. The difference between secure and unsecure configuration is as follows:
- Secure Configuration does not move with solutions. It has to be re-configured for each environment.
- Secure Configuration can be viewed only by CRM administrators.
7. If applicable, select step and register an image. Choose whether it’s a Pre Image or Post Image.
You’ll also need to select attributes that you would like to be contained within the image.
8. After the plug-in and the steps have been registered, they can now be included in CRM solutions and deployed with unmanaged or managed solutions.