The Outlook Client integrates Outlook with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. In the Outlook client, you have full CRM functionality and data plus some extra features and functions. Many users like Outlook client because they don’t have to navigate and log into an additional program to access CRM data. You can add contacts and activities by tracking them to CRM, which saves you a significant amount of time because it eliminates the manual process of re-typing that data into a new record in CRM. Additionally, you can attach CRM Sales Literature and Knowledge Base Articles directly to the emails you send through Outlook.
It is common to associate activities with the CRM Outlook Client. The Outlook Client allows you to track your emails, tasks, appointments and contacts that you already have in Outlook to CRM. Tracking these is quicker than manually re-creating them in CRM. All the same Activity functionality that you just learned about, such as creating new activities, converting activities and closing activities is all available through the Outlook Client.
To learn more about working with Outlook, jump to the following sections:
Personal Options and Email Settings
This is where you can change your personal settings. This will just affect you and no other user.
- On the ribbon, click the File tab.
2. Within the left navigation bar, click CRM.
3. On the main page, click the Options button. This will open the Set Personal Options in a new window.
On the General tab, you can changes things such as:
- Turn the Get Started Pane on or off
- Select if you want to use CRM or Outlook forms
- Records per page
You can go to the E-mail tab of personal options to adjust the email settings. In most cases, you’ll want to make sure the “check incoming email messages in Outlook” is checked. You can set the tracking option to whatever your organization chooses. It depends on your business, but frequently it is set to “Email messages in response to CRM e-mail” or “Email messages from Accounts, Contacts & Leads”.
Quick Access Toolbar
This area allows you to do all things CRM, such as creating records, without having to click on a new tab in Outlook. Below are instructions on how to set up your quick access toolbar.
- Right click on the ribbon.
- Click on Show Quick Access Toolbar below the ribbon. You can add or remove which buttons appear in your quick access ribbon.
3. In the ribbon, click on the CRM tab.
4. Right click on the activity or record that you want to add, then click Add to Quick Access Toolbar.
Once this is complete, you can create CRM records, such as activities, accounts, contacts or leads right from this bar. You don’t have to navigate to any other place in Outlook.
Open in a New Window
Allows you to enjoy dual screens and never abandon your inbox. Using this functionality allows you to keep your Outlook inbox open on one screen, and view the CRM record on another screen.
- Right click on the entity that you want to view in the left navigation.
- Choose Open in New Window.