Sales Literature provides a place to store sales information for your organization in Dynamics CRM. It gives sales team users a place to store and access brochures, promotional materials, pricing structures and other related literature. It also provides an easy way to send leads and contacts information right from within Dynamics CRM.
Some examples of sales literature you may want to add include:
- Competitor sales literature
- Product guides
- Price comparison documents
For more on working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM sales literature, jump to the following sections:
Creating associations between your sales literature and other entities will help you organize and access the information you need and push it out to the right people. Here are some ways you can associate sales literature:
- Associate sales brochure with a product, competitor, or both
- Associate a product flyer to a marketing campaign
1. Navigate to Sales > Sales Literature and click New. This will bring up a new Sales Literature record for you to create.
2. Enter information about the sales literature, including Title, Subject, Type, Employee contact, Expiration date, and Description.
3. When you are done entering information, click the Save button in the command bar.
4. Once you’ve saved the Sales Literature record, you can add an attachment. To do this, click on Add a Sales Attachment in the command bar.
5. In the new window that appears, add a Title for your sales literature attachment, and click the Browse button to find the document you want to attach.
6. After you’ve chosen your file, click Attach and Save your Sales Attachment record.
Sales literature can be sent from within Microsoft Dynamics CRM or from within the Outlook Client.
Sending from Dynamic CRM Online or On-Premise
There are multiple ways to send sales literature from Dynamics CRM. To send from the sales literature record itself:
1. Navigate to Sales in your sitemap, and under Collateral, choose Sales Literature. Open the Sales Literature item that you want to send.
2. Choose Add a Sales Attachment from the command bar.
3. Select the user you’d like to send it to from the From field, and the lead/contact/account you’d like to send it to in the To field. Finish editing your email message and click Send the command bar, or save it to send later.
From the Outlook Client
If you have the Dynamics CRM Outlook client installed, you can send your sales literature right from Outlook.
- Make sure the sales literature you want to send is already added to CRM.
- Open a new email in Outlook and click Set Regarding in the ribbon. Choose the record that you will be sending the sales literature to.
- Click Attach Sales Literature in the ribbon and choose the item(s) you want to attach.
- Edit and send your email message as you normally would.