One of the ways you can import data into Dynamics 365 is using the add contacts wizard in Outlook. This tracks contacts from Outlook using the Dynamics 365 for Outlook client.
Here are the steps for adding contacts using the add contacts wizard in Outlook:
- To navigate to the wizard, in the Outlook client. Click File, Dynamics 365, Import Contacts, and Add Contacts.
- Click Next in the dialog box. The wizard will analyze your contacts and present some results. You will need to choose the group type and groupings. The groups are:
- Company Name – Group contacts by the matching account name in Microsoft Dynamics 365. The wisard lists the number of contacts associated with each account. Choose the link to verify the list of names for each account.
- Email Domain – Group the contacts by email domain. Choose the link to verify the list of names in each domain.
- Categories – Group the contacts by the category you use to organize contacts in Outlook, if applicable. Choose the link to verify the list of names for each category.
- Click Add Contacts. This will import your Outlook contacts according to your specifications review the summary page and view any errors, if applicable. Then choose Close.